
I love this time of Year!
It's more people than usual out in the malls and in the stores.
I enjoy the extra time I get to speak with my wife or talk with someone in line. I also enjoy the overall nice attitude everyone seems to have (except in the parking lot for some reason). I always want to leave each of the new friends I meet with a meaningful farewell it seems that "Happy Holidays!" -seems extremely secular (though I have been told it may have originated from Happy Holy Day), "Merry Christmas!", doesn't quite get it my thoughts were interupted while I was out the other day as I was finishing loading my purchases I was shocked by what the cashier at Wal-Mart said. He said with a big grin and jolly heart "God Bless you!" I beamed as I went out to the parking lot. The Lord himself it seemed answered my quandary. So that is what I will be saying this year and beyond any holiday season. I want to be a person who sends hope to those who are broken to lift those that are down to bring more than just chatter to the ears of the listener. I want the Lord of the universe the creator of all that is, my personal savior and theirs too if called upon and my best friend to bless them with His presence, peace, supply, and power so I'll say, "God bless you!"
How about you what do you say? Why?
2 comments:
I too love this time of year, being it's my favorite time of the year! I usually always say, Merry Christmas and occasionally, Happy Holidays. I enjoy providing some instant cheer to someone maybe in need or just needing a pick-me-up. There are so many wonderful people in this world today. Just this past Saturday, I was at the mall, shopping for my wife for that special Christmas gift. There was a new Christmas booth, with popcorn, pretzels, etc. Wow! I had missed the pretzel shop that was previously at the mall and just couldn't resist the new pretzels. Upon purchasing the pretzels, I went to a sitting area and placed my shopping bag on the counter next to me. Enjoying the pretzels, savoring every bite, I finished and begin to look for a trash can for my trash. Without realizing I had left behind my shopping bag, I finally found a trash can and placed my trash in it. As I turned around, a fellow shopper was racing towards me, saying, "Here's your bag". Oh, wow! I just remembered and thanked her very much. You see, God does look out for us and there are still very good people in the world today. Sometimes, they can be our next door neighbor or sitting right next to them at the shopping mall.
YEAH! A BLOG! WOOHOO! GO HERITAGE!!!! :)
I wrote more of RANT on this subject on my family blog... "Happy Holidays" just isn't quite enough. Jesus IS STILL the reason for the season.
GOD BLESS YOU and yours.
Post a Comment