
I love new beginings. Like when you were a kid playing baseball & you hit the ball over a wall or fence you would yell "do over"! When everyone agreed you got a fresh start. In the old Testament the Jewish feast could be viewed as at least 3 different times to start fresh and "do over". The psalmist goes so far as to say, "His mercies are new every morning". Isn't that great! We get a new start everyday it's like a gift to start fresh every day. What a present Jesus offers us. Now it is up to us. What will we do with such a great treasure? How will we use such a treasure? Perhaps we will let it sit while we think how it could have been. Maybe we will dispise today because we will compare it with another persons more fortunate. The treasure of today might be spent in celebration of a God who loved us so much that he enabled us to enjoy one more sunrise & sunset. That we could embrace fully whatever The Lord has for us to walk through. I am thrilled for new beginings and new days. I trust you will choose the joy found in a fresh day!
2 comments:
Thanks so much for that message, Pastor Mike. I really feel those words were spoken directly to me from God. I am truely thankful for what the Lord has blessed me with and for new beginnings. Every day is a blessing we should all cherish. I appreciate all you and Neely do in the name of the Lord.
Love the inspiration from "DO OVER!" I need to remember that one when I'm having trouble hanging on to my mistakes. Good one. :)
Heidi Jo
Post a Comment