We all face troubles from acne to age spots, from first dates to troubled mates, and whatever your issue is currently at work or at home we the truth is we all have them. What is distinct about each of us is how we face them. How we cope with them. It comes back to the most basic of response each of us has with conflict. One great passage that author and pastor Mark Batterson has brought to my attention is in the Bible in a book called 2 Samuel chapter 23 and verses 20 and 21. It tells of a great warrior who beat the troubles of life repeatedly. He was caught up with the challenge with two warriors once. That is not a situation you want to find yourself in, two on one. Like the original Rocky movie where Rocky the no name under dog from the meat packing plant gets to fight the champion Apollo Creed. His own trainer was ready to stop the fight by throwing in the towel (to stop the fight), yet Rocky felt there was something in him bigger than what was fighting him. For Benaiah, the odds were against him, and two were bent on destroying him, yet something on the inside said don’t give up. I think Benaiah had caught that truth, no matter the odds, God’s side always w
ins. Even if you seem to be down, The Lord will pick you up. Too often I am ready to throw in the towel on a situation God is ready to give me victory. I don’t know about you but I am like most males and I like to win. If I stand strong in the Lord, I do believe I will win, eventually. No matter what trouble I am facing even if the odds are 2 to 1. How about you? What are you facing? Can I challenging you to even the odds and not face it alone. I would be thrilled to pray with you about any challenge or trouble you are going through.
ins. Even if you seem to be down, The Lord will pick you up. Too often I am ready to throw in the towel on a situation God is ready to give me victory. I don’t know about you but I am like most males and I like to win. If I stand strong in the Lord, I do believe I will win, eventually. No matter what trouble I am facing even if the odds are 2 to 1. How about you? What are you facing? Can I challenging you to even the odds and not face it alone. I would be thrilled to pray with you about any challenge or trouble you are going through.
1 comment:
The purple's difficult to read on the green, but I think you're asking about my challenges? :) Maybe I'm just color blind.
I don't think it's just a male thing, this winning. Granted, females are more likely to lay themselves down at the expense of the win, but I think that it's because we're mothers. We still like to win, though.
My current challenge is parenting two teenagers. Attitudes. Theirs and MINE. :) There are some huge monsters behind me, ones God has licked and good, but this one ... whoo. I keep reminding myself that Adam and Eve were God's first human children. That mine are also individuals with free will who make their own choices. Ugh.
Keep up the good work here. Thanks for asking the questions.
Post a Comment